Fortunately, there are only a few true ocular emergencies. However, it is sometimes difficult for individuals to know if their condition needs immediate evaluation or not.
If you experience any of the events listed below, you need additional evaluation and should contact our office or your eye care specialist immediately.
1. Flashes, floaters, or sudden change in the quality of vision.
2. Pain or redness in an eye which has recently undergone a surgical procedure, such as cataract removal or LASIK Surgery.
3. Direct exposure of the eye to chemicals such as acids, bases, or other caustic substances.
4. Severe injury or direct trauma to the eye.
5. Acute pain immediately upon removal of your contact lenses which does not subside within a few minutes after removal.